Banana bread is a quick, easy and delicious snack that can be enjoyed at any time of day. This recipe is simple to follow and requires minimal ingredients. The end result is a moist and flavorful bread that your whole family will love. Whether you are looking for a sweet treat or something to tide you over until lunch, banana bread is the perfect solution.
The banana bread is a good enough substitute for cake, and it can be enjoyed at any time. Whether you use an electric mixer or your hands to mix up the batter, there’s no wrong way when making this delicious treat.
The smell of fresh baked banana bread always has my heart racing with anticipation and excitement. This recipe is so simple and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients, and another hour till your entire house starts filling with an amazing aroma of freshly baked banana bread. There’s nothing quite like biting into warm banana sweetness. So, without further ado, lets check how to make banana bread following simple and easy steps given below.
The one requirement for making banana bread is that you use ripe bananas. Once the banana skin starts to develop freckles and it’s just a little too soft, then it’s time to make some Banana Bread. letting your fruit ripen even longer will result in stronger flavors and taste.
How to Make Banana Bread?
Gather the ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will require.
- 8 tablespoons or 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 medium bananas, very ripe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cooking spray
- Half cup chopped nuts or you can use chocolate chips
Making Banana Bread: Best Ever Banana Bread Recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 350F while you prepare the batter. Place the rack in the third rack position for ease. Take a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the inside of the loaf pan with cooking spray. In case you are using nuts as well, toast them for approximately 8-10 minutes while oven preheats.
- Melt the butter in microwave, add melted butter and sugar in a bowl and mix it until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add two eggs into the mixture, whisk until mixed well.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix into the batter until smooth.
- Peel off the bananas, add them to the mixture and mash them by using fork or with your hand. Mash and mix bananas well, you can leave the bananas chunky or smooth as per your preference. If you don’t like chunky banana in bread, mash bananas in a separate bowl and mix it with the batter then.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour into the mixture. Stir the mixture with spatula or you can hand-mix the ingredients for your convenience. Mix it well.
- If you are using chopped nuts or chocolate chips, scatter the nuts over the batter and fold them into the batter.
- Add the batter into the loaf pan that we already prepared. Smooth the top of the batter with your hand, spoon or spatula.
- Now that our batter is ready, bake it for 60-65 minutes till you notice the top of the cake is caramelized dark brown. You can test the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick into the middle and if it comes out clean, Hurray!
- Leave the pan to cool for about 10 minutes and it will help the loaf solidify. This makes it easy to remove the cake from the loaf pan.
- Remove the banana cake from the pan and let it cool for another 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
Customizable banana bread recipe
The banana bread recipe we discussed is kind of universal and will fit in every cookbook that there is. The recipe uses ingredients that are easily found in pantries such as all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, eggs, milk, soda, butter and nuts.
By customizable, we mean that you can use brown sugar instead of white sugar, oil in place of butter, almond milk, buttermilk or water for the liquid. You can use only one egg and still make delicious banana bread.
What my point is, you can still make incredible banana bread if you are short of one or two ingredients listed above. But you can’t make it without baking soda, sorry, that’s a must! You can use your creative mind to play around with the ingredients and make something special and close to your heart.
How to mix ingredients: Using a Fork Vs Mixer
To mix the ingredients, you can use a fork, a mixer or your hand. A lot of folks use fork or mixer but I personally love to mix food ingredients with my hand. Mixing ingredients with hand allows me to guess the right doneness and I can easily find out when to stop.
However, if you don’t want to spend sometime in the kitchen, using a mixer would definitely do. It takes lesser time and it mixes the ingredient perfectly as well. Using a fork is not different from using your hand in terms of saving time.
Don’t have a Loaf Pan?
In any case if you don’t have a loaf pan, you can use the same recipe to make banana muffins. Fill the cups to ¾ full and keep checking the doneness after baking for 20 minutes. There is no change in the ingredients though and you will get the same amazing taste and aroma when done.
Now that you have learned how to make banana bread in oven, let us know how do you make your banana bread? Do you have a different recipe? Leave us a comment and let us know if you have any suggestion or something to add to our recipe. We always appreciate our reader’s valuable feedback.
Leave a Comment